R&R Data Policy – your privacy is important to us
This Policy describes the Data processed to support Revert & Returners UK ltd (R&R) website & other services & features offered by R&R.
Type of personal Information we collect
In order to facilitate & provide R&R, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use our services.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message &/or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.
- Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your R&R which is subject to special protections under EU law. You have the control of whether you allow other users of R&R to have access to this from your profile field visibility,
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, posts accounts and groups that you are connected to and how you interact with them across our website, such as people you communicate with the most or groups that you are part of.
- Your usage. We may collect information about how you use our services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our services, and content you view on our website.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our website to purchase or make a financial transaction (such as when you make a purchase in a product or course or make a donation), we collect information about the transaction. This may include payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details depending on the transaction tool.
- Information provided about you. We may also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our services. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or provide information about how you use our services
- Device information. We collect information from and about the computers, phones and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our services, and we combine this information across different devices that you use. Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is in the foreground or background, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection & speed.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
How do we use this information:
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below, and to
- Provide and support the delivery of R&R services.
- Provide, personalise and improve our services: use the information we have to deliver our services, including to personalise features and content and make suggestions for you (such as groups or courses you may be interested in or topics you may want to follow). To create personalised Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections that you choose to provide where you have given your explicit consent); how you use and interact with our services; and the people, places or things that you’re connected to and interested in on and off our services.
- Information across R&R Services: We connect information about your activities on different R&R services to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all R&R services that you use, wherever you use them. For example, we can suggest that you join a group or consider a course
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our services, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Promoting safety, integrity and security. We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our services, and promote safety and security on and off of the R&R website. For example, we use data that we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our Terms or Policies, or to detect when someone needs help.
- Communicate with you. We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Your information is shared with others when:
- People and accounts that you share and communicate with: When you share and communicate using our services, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on R&R, you select the audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends or the public. Similarly, when you use our chat services to communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see the content you send. Your network can also see actions that you have taken on our website, including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also allow other accounts see who has viewed their accounts.
- Content that others share or reshare about you.
- You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our website can choose to share it with others on and off our website, including people and businesses outside the audience that you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot or re-share that content to others across or off our website, in person. Also, when you comment on someone else’s post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person’s content, and that person can change the audience later.
- People can also use our website to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a story, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our services, you can email email@example.com
- Information about your active status or presence on our website: People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our website, including whether you are currently active on chat or when you last used our website.
- Sharing with third-party partners: We work with third-party partners who help us and improve our services which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties that we share information with:
- Partners offering goods and services in our Products: When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from a seller in our website, the content creator or seller can receive your public information and other information that you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
- Authorities & Legal requests: We share information with Authorities or in response to legal requests in the circumstances where there is a legal breech, a risk of a legal breach or a safety risk. We access, preserve and share your information with Authorities, polices or other bodies:
- In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the service, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or services), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our services.
- Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with R&R) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on R&R website, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after six months. If you submit a copy of your government-issued ID for reference purposes, we deleted after six months review, unless otherwise stated.
When you delete your account, we delete what you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won’t be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn’t part of your account and won’t be deleted.
When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users; however, it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- Immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
- your content has been used by others in accordance with this licence and they have not deleted it (in which case, this licence will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- Where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or breaches of our Terms and Policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency; in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this licence will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
Notification of policy changes
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our platform & services.
Date updated: 28/July/2021