Revert & Returners Terms & Conditions of Use
Our mission is to provide our users the ability to join a community of likeminded people, to bring people together & to build groups & communities under the shared common interest of promoting & living an Islamic lifestyle.
To advance this mission, we provide the following the services;
- Structured Courses & Teaching programmes: Our courses are a source of authentic education enabling you to better understand your faith from verified sources, delivered by qualified people of knowledge.
- Connect you with people & organisations that you care about: We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that matter to you across the R&R website.
- Allow you to build your own communities: Our website allows you to create your own groups and invite likeminded people to connect, share, exchange and grow.
- Personalised experience: Your experience on R&R is uniquely yours: from the posts, stories, events and other content that you see in Feeds to the Pages that you follow and other features that you might use.
Term & Conditions of use
Your Profile: We want to make sure that the content people are seeing on our website is authentic. We believe that authenticity adheres to the principle of Islam, creates a better environment for sharing, accountability & reduces misrepresentation/misunderstandings of who you are or what you’re doing. As such we ask that your use your real name as your username & encourage that you stand behind your online account as you would your life offline.
We require you to
- create only one account for yourself, using the name you are known by offline.
- not share your password, give access to your R&R account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
- not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- You may share any information that is authenticated and is in alignment & permitted by Orthodox Islamic teaching.
- You must verify information (photos, posters, quotes about Islam etc) before you share.
Conduct: Since we promote living an Islamic life style,
- Your conduct on our platform must reflect the principles of Islamic conduct; treating others with dignity, politeness & respect at all times. R&R is a safe space for our users to enjoy, learn and grow and we do not tolerate any conduct less than this.
You agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not publish or post other people’s private information (such as home phone number and address) without their express authorization and permission. We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivising others to do so.
- You may not create (for example, screen recording/ audio recordings), post or share photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed without their consent.
Volunteer / User
- As a Volunteers you are an extension of the R&R organisation and therefore prohibited from sharing personal information with users/student.
- Users/Students are prohibited from sharing personal information with &/or contacting volunteers directly without the written consent of R&R.
- You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people, this includes any glorification of violence.
- You may not threaten or promote terrorism or violent extremism.
- There is zero tolerance for child exploitation in any form and you are prohibited from using our platform for such acts, any indication of such will result in immediate notification to authorities.
- You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so.
- You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm
- You may not post media that is excessively gory or share violent or adult content within live video or in profile or header images. Media depicting sexual violence and/or assault is also not permitted.
You may not use our service for;
- Any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal or fraudulent activities. This includes selling, buying, or facilitating transactions in illegal goods or services, as well as certain types of regulated goods or services.
- Any activity that infringes or breaches someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- Uploading viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our website.
- Access or collect data from our platform using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
Permission to use content that you create & share
When you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our website, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo on R&R, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings). This licence will end when your content is deleted from our systems.